Your privacy is important
EstimateOne Pty Ltd (“EstimateOne”) operates both the EstimateOne and ForSite System/App, This statement outlines the policy of EstimateOne on how it uses and manages personal information provided to or collected by it in operating those System/Apps.
EstimateOne is bound by, and compliant with, the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”).
What kinds of personal information does EstimateOne collect and how does EstimateOne collect it?
EstimateOne primarily collects and holds personal information about users of its EstimateOne System/App (“the System/App”) and ForSite System/App (“ForSite”).
Personal information means any information about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual. EstimateOne collects and holds personal information about employees and staff of EstimateOne’s clients, where this is reasonably necessary for the client to effectively use the System/App and ForSite.
If you are a user of the System/App or ForSite (or both the System/App and ForSite), EstimateOne may collect your personal information:
- when you are completing the registration process for the System/App and/or ForSite;
- when you are populating your user profile or other electronic forms on the System/App and/or ForSite;
- when conducting user or research surveys in relation to the System/App and/or ForSite;
- in the course of giving you user support via phone, email or online in respect of the System/App and/or ForSite and
- for other purposes related to the provision of the System/App and/or ForSite.
In these circumstances, the kinds of personal information that EstimateOne may collect and hold include:
- your name, address and email address;
- other contact details; and
- professional details such as your trade, job title, access levels at your employer and qualifications.
In addition, EstimateOne may:
- automatically collect and hold data about users of the System/App and/or ForSite which could be classified as personal information, such as:
- location data; and
- data about how you use the System/App and/or ForSite, for example adding projects to watchlists to the System/App, or populating pro forma contracts on ForSite, and/or the devices and networks you use to access either or both of the System/App and/or ForSite .
- collect your personal information provided by our clients, where you are a subcontractor of that client. Despite this, EstimateOne will only collect personal information about an individual directly from that individual, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
EstimateOne will only collect personal information which is defined as sensitive information under the Privacy Act:
- where you consent and the collection is reasonably necessary for EstimateOne’s functions or activities (for example, where you enter details into the System/App and/or ForSite); or
- where the collection is authorised by law.
You have the right to seek to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in almost every circumstance it will not be practicable for us to deal with you or provide you with any services – except for responding to the most general enquiries – unless you identify yourself.
How does EstimateOne use and disclose personal information?
EstimateOne collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose of providing the System/App the System/App and/or ForSite and associated services to users and clients; and
- for secondary purposes:
- that are related (or, in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the primary purpose and reasonably expected; or
- to which you have consented.
EstimateOne will only use and disclose information which may be classified as a government related identifier (such as qualification and driver’s licence numbers) if it is reasonably necessary to verify your identity for the purposes of the System/App and/or ForSite and in relation to our legal obligations in respect of our own staff.
EstimateOne will use personal information to prepare statistical analysis and reporting, but any such analysis and reporting published in the public domain will not contain personal information.
Similarly, EstimateOne will use personal information to the extent required to develop marketing campaigns containing the names of corporate clients. No personal information of staff or contractors at a corporate client will be disclosed or published when referring to corporate clients.
Job applicants, staff members and contractors
In relation to personal information of job applicants, staff members and contractors, EstimateOne’s primary purpose of collection is to assess and (if successful) to engage the job applicant, staff member or contractor, as the case may be.
The purposes for which EstimateOne uses personal information of job applicants, staff members and contractors include:
- administering the individual’s employment or contract, as the case may be;
- insurance purposes;
- engaging in marketing for EstimateOne; and
- satisfying EstimateOne’s legal obligations.
Where EstimateOne receives unsolicited job applications, these will usually be dealt with in accordance with the unsolicited personal information requirements of the Privacy Act. We may seek your consent to retain such applications for future opportunities.
EstimateOne may use your personal information in order to conduct direct marketing of EstimateOne services where:
- you have provided that information; and
- you have consented to, or are likely to expect, direct marketing from us.
EstimateOne may use your personal information for directly marketing to you any additional EstimateOne services which you do not currently receive. For example, users of the System/App may be sent promotional material relating to ForSite, and ForSite users may be sent promotional material relating to the System/App.
In each direct marketing communication, you will be given the option to opt out.
EstimateOne will not disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing by third parties.
Who might EstimateOne disclose personal information to?
If you are a user of the System/App and/or ForSite, EstimateOne may disclose your personal information to:
- EstimateOne’s client who is your employer, to the extent that your personal information is related to the provision of the System/App and/or ForSite to that client;
- government organisations collecting information; and
- overseas recipients which provide analytics or hosting services to us, which are based in the US.
If you are an employee or staff member of an EstimateOne client, EstimateOne may disclose your personal information to a third party for the purpose of assisting with client queries.
Management and security of personal information
EstimateOne has in place steps to protect the personal information EstimateOne holds from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including:
- single user logins and keys;
- implementing suitable permissions; and
- employing various software and infrastructure measures consistent with industry practice.
Updating personal information
EstimateOne endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
An individual may seek to update their personal information held by EstimateOne by updating their user profile on the System/App.
The Australian Privacy Principles require EstimateOne not to store personal information longer than necessary.
Under the Privacy Act, an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which EstimateOne holds about them and to advise EstimateOne of any perceived inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the applicable legislation.
To make a request to access any information EstimateOne holds about you, please contact the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
EstimateOne may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Although no fee will be charged for accessing your personal information or making a correction, EstimateOne may charge a fee to retrieve and copy any material. If the information sought is extensive, EstimateOne will advise the cost in advance.
How long will EstimateOne keep my personal information?
If EstimateOne no longer requires your personal information, it will be de-identified or destroyed. Notwithstanding this, consistent with business requirements, your personal information may be kept for statistical, research and marketing purposes.
Enquiries and privacy complaints
If you would like further information about the way EstimateOne manages the personal information it holds, please contact the Privacy Officer.
If you have any concerns, complaints or if you think there has been a breach of privacy, then also please contact the Privacy Officer who will first speak to you usually over the phone. If we then have not dealt satisfactorily with your concerns, we will meet with you to discuss further. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via:
telephone: 1300 363 992